Re: [Gnu-arch-users] configs - extracting from arch

From: Robin Farine
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] configs - extracting from arch
Date: 28 Sep 2003 14:32:27 +0200

[...]

    Robert> And arch IIRC knows it's endpoints too - untagged dirs and
    Robert> all.

Well, I think that tla with names, tagline, or explicit and
'untagged-source source' would just include the whole CVS tree in the
commit. And file tagging stuff is orthogonal to this problem anyway.

    Robert> And if they don't? Well thats not really a CM issue
    Robert> anymore ;).

Yeah, but it becomes a serious RCS issue. If we don't limit RCS to
arch and CVS, this would imply an agreement on markers for tree
boundaries, and thus imply endless discussions on which name to choose
for the markers that minimizes name space pollution and maximizes user
happiness ;). In short, a very improbable consensus.

--
rnf