[Gnu-arch-users] Re: archive storage format comments on the size

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: archive storage format comments on the size
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:49:12 +0200

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 03:07:18PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Karel Gardas <address@hidden> writes:
> > I'm just curious, but isn't cached revision designed exactly to solve this
> > issue? i.e. loong get with a tons of applied patches...
>
> Cached revisions don't work very well with extremely large source trees.

yes, the major problem is that they don't cache locally the granular
patchsets in the local machine. You lose information locally, if you
fetch from the cacherev. and the primary repository will grow not shrink
with the cacherev creation.

Andrea - If you prefer relying on open source software, check these links:
            rsync.kernel.org::pub/scm/linux/kernel/bkcvs/linux-2.[45]/
            http://www.cobite.com/cvsps/