[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update-config

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update-config
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:08:00 +0200

Jan> Since order of application of non-conflicting patches (with
Jan> common base) is not important, only difference is what gets in
Jan> rejects on conflicts.  That's not worth the extra work in most
Jan> cases.

Repeating this argument won't make it true :)

I use "update" as often as "replay", for example when I track Tom's
changes to Arch. I want to deal with rejects of *my* changes only, not
with rejects of Tom's changes. And this is just one example.

I would really like a update-config and replay-config in fact. Maybe a
star-merge-config also :)))

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam