Re: [Gnu-arch-users] svn2arch?

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] svn2arch?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: "Abraham Egnor" <address@hidden>

    > Is there any tool to convert an existing subversion repository to an arch
    > archive?  Is such a thing even possible?  After having investigated arch,
    > I'd love to switch, but I don't want to lose my current change history.

There is no existing tool that I'm aware of.

In the _general_ case, a svn repository is sufficiently unstructured
that a conversion would be tricky, at least.

In the _particular_ case, it depends what kind of discipline you've
followed in that history.

Perhaps, depending on your situation, either just keep the svn repo
around until you are sure you don't need it anymore -- or convert just
a set of well-defined project milestones to arch -- or both.