[Gnu-arch-users] Re: sparse libs and merge fest fun

From: Pau Aliagas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: sparse libs and merge fest fun
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:12:41 +0100 (CET)

On 14 Nov 2003, Miles Bader wrote:

> Pau Aliagas <address@hidden> writes:
> > So, instead of hard-coding it, I opted to leave that decision to a hook
> > that get called whenever you look for a revision. Then it's up to you to
> > add one or N.
>
> My thought was that the options I mentioned would be used by the hook
> script... e.g., a common desire might be to cache every 15th revision in
> a library; then you might put in your hook script:
>
>   tla library-add --every=15 --until REV

What I did was:
-a script is called to "find-cached-revision"
-you return a library path where the revision can be found or nothing to
 look in the default library (remember that if no revision is found it
 will create a pristine tree).

The standard script would do something like:

case $1 in
find-cached-revision)
        tla library-add -d ~/.arch-cache $ARCH_ARCHIVE/$ARCH_REVISION
        echo -n "~/.arch-cache" 1>&3
        break
        ;;
esac

You can refine the script to do what you want, without any extra params or
overdesign, very easyly.

Pau