Re: [Gnu-arch-users] library inode signature detection

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] library inode signature detection
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:05:08 +1100

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 10:01, Tom Lord wrote:

> Hmm.   I think you're right, actually -- I misgrokked the issue on the
> first pass.
>
> I was suggesting how to not link back to inode sig files from earlier
> revisions (by only linking to source files) but that doesn't actually
> solve the problem you're talking about (which is that the links
> invalidate the sigs in the _old_ tree).
>
> Sorry for spazzing, there.

No worries :}.

Note that existing rev libraries will need to be rebuilt to leverage the
new code:
1) old signatures will no longer match (they didn't anyway, no loss).
2) library_find considers an invalud signature a hard error.

Users wanting to retain the rev library can remove the inode signature,
in which case tla will complain on fd 2 about being unable to perform
checking, but won't bomb out.

Rob