[Gnu-arch-users] Pika -- the "true or false" release

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Pika -- the "true or false" release
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:21:40 -0800 (PST)

[I don't intend to forward Pika announcements to gnu-arch-users
 perpetually -- just the first few. -t]

A new release from the Pika Scheme project is available at the
mirrors:

  |    http://regexps.srparish.net/src/pika/                       |
  |    http://arch.quackerhead.com/~lord/releases/pika             |

This release is called pika-0.1pre0 and here's what's new:

~ Code You Can Compile!

  Yes, actual code you can compile rather than just design notes.

  Coded up so far is the core of the core of the core of the Pika
  run-time system, the basic layout of the libraries, initial
  implementatio of the taggins system, and an implementation of the
  ever-so-tricky boolean type (the values #t and #f).

~ Unit Tests Framework

  Included with that is the unit test framework, including tests
  relating to the boolean type.

~ Documentation

  Reference documentation for the run-time-system-so-far, including
  pre-formatted copies (html, texi, and ps) are included.

* How to Get Involved

  If you believe that you're competent to help secify and/or implement
  a Scheme dialect and VM, and would like to help in that regard,
  please sign up for the pika-dev mailing list:

  and let's take it from there.

  Also:  I am living these days as a "free software Internet busker"
  which means that I write free software, and then from time to time
  "pass the hat" to collect some money to get by on.

  You can read about my other projects (the arch revision control
  system, the hackerlab C library, and the package-framework
  configure/build framework) _and_ find my glorious "paypal link" at
  either of these mirrors:

        http://regexps.srparish.net/www/
        http://arch.quackerhead.com/~lord/

  Thank you for your support.