[Gnu-arch-users] pre7: Remote archive access over FTP

From: Thomas Inskip
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] pre7: Remote archive access over FTP
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:23:23 -0800

I am new to arch/tla.  I have to use a prerelease version because one of the features I need is file permissions persistence.  I have set up an archive, a project, imported an (empty) tree, and am sharing the directory containing the archives over ftp.  I then register the archive on a local machine, using an ftp url for the remote location, but when I try to get the branch/version I get the following error:

# tla get CypherDist--mainline--2.0
pfs_archive_vesion: unidentifiable archive (address@hidden)

I can do a 'tla get' on the remote machine to retrieve the project branch and version just fine.

Running 'tla archives' on the remote machine returns:
address@hidden
    /home/tomas/{archives}/CypherDist

and runnning it on the local machine gives me:
address@hidden
    ftp://userx:address@hidden/{archives}/CypherDist

AFAIK I do not need to set up a local project, right?  Am I missing something or am unclear on the concept?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.