Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Command serialization

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Command serialization
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:44:03 -0600

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 16:04, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Unfortunately Kerberos requires passwd-based auth to generate
> a ticket for AFS and there's no sane way to circumvent this.

...well, *almost* no way to circumvent this.

Considered grabbing your AFS token on the client side and setting up AFS
ticket passing over SSH? Granted, it's not exactly a picnic, but is
doable nonetheless.

If fsh (http://www.lysator.liu.se/fsh/) has sftp support, it could be
useful here too.

That said, I agree that minimizing the number of sessions needed is by
far better than some approach that requires configuration changes or
software installation on both client and server.