[Gnu-arch-users] Newbie - don't quite understand tagging method

From: Alan Chandler
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Newbie - don't quite understand tagging method
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:24:20 +0000

I was working my way through arch meets hello-world - in order to put by web
site under arch's control prior to making some changes.  Because of a lot
files, I didn't fancy using the tla add command on each file that the
tutorial recommends but instead changed the tagging-method to tagline, and
then imported the top directory.

I am now confused however.

1) The tutorial speaks of the tla add command.  Does it mean the tla add-tag
command? [also mentions the move and delete commands]

2) If I now add new files or directories to the project with the tagline
tagging method do I need to tla add-tag?

3) Similarly if I delete files/directories - do I have to delete-tag?

4)I have moved a file to a subdirectory and changed its name.  But I can't do
a tla move-tag (error message about missing files or directory).  So how do I
inform arch that this is the same file thats moved.  [If that means changing
the tagging-method back to explicit, do I need to go back and  tla add-tag
every file?]

--
Alan Chandler
address@hidden