[Gnu-arch-users] Pika 0.1pre3 -- writer, vectors, contributions

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Pika 0.1pre3 -- writer, vectors, contributions
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:04:08 -0800 (PST)

A new release from the Pika Scheme project is available at the
usual mirrors:

  |    http://regexps.srparish.net/src/pika/                       |
  |    http://arch.quackerhead.com/~lord/releases/pika             |

This release is called pika-0.1pre3.  The big new things are:

~ the writer is up and crawling

  Yes, you can print things now.

~ vectors

  The basics of the VECTOR? type are in place.

~ reader improvements

  Mathew Dempsky (aka address@hidden) has extended the reader with
  support for comments, unicode-hex-notation for character constants,
  octal notation for character constants, and bucky-bit syntax for
  character constants.

~ "Scheme vtables"

  The basics for writing new non-immediate types are in place.

As usual, recent additions come with corresponding documentation
updates and unit tests.

* How to Get Involved

  If you believe that you're competent to help secify and/or implement
  a Scheme dialect and VM, and would like to help in that regard,
  please sign up for the pika-dev mailing list:

  and let's take it from there.

  Also:  I am living these days as a "free software Internet busker"
  which means that I write free software, and then from time to time
  "pass the hat" to collect some money to get by on.

  You can read about my other projects (the arch revision control
  system, the hackerlab C library, and the package-framework
  configure/build framework) _and_ find my glorious "paypal link" at
  either of these mirrors:

        http://regexps.srparish.net/www/
        http://arch.quackerhead.com/~lord/

  Thank you for your support.