[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Testing approach

From: Misha Dorman
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Testing approach
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:15:49 -0000

Stephen wrote:
> As usual in this kind of thread, people are talking past each other.

Yep -- and sorry if I contributed to that.  I was trying to give Samuel the
opportunity to clarify his statement, which I thought was suggesting
inspection based on 500-line granularity only -- mainly because it didn't
seem to match his previous comments.

I think we all agree that unit testing (especially when combined with DbC,
inspection, "it _must_ be right" gut feel and other techniques) is most
useful when it means we can narrow the "bug chunk" down to <50
(preferably ~10-20) lines of code. And from there, intuition and inspection
(and even gdb) can be a big help.

Cheers

Misha