[Gnu-arch-users] [newbie] Is it possible to put in a source file the dat

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [newbie] Is it possible to put in a source file the date of last tree commit?
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:18:55 +0100

Hello,

I'm new to GNU Arch, so excuse my newbie question. Other developers and
myself are trying Arch on two free software projects (DemExp and
Axiom). I've looked at the Wiki, Arch web pages and Google before asking
my question, but it is still possible that I have missed something.

I would like, when doing a commit, to automatically put the commit date
and time in a source file of my project. I would like something like
$Date$ tag of CVS, but for the commit of the whole tree and not for the
file containing the $Date$ tag in CVS. In other words, the file
containing the hypothetical $arch-date$ tag would be modified and
updated at each commit.

Is it possible to do that with GNU Arch? If yes, how?

I'm using tla-1.1-1 (Debian sarge package).

Yours,
david
--
 David Mentré <address@hidden>