Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Increasing the filename space (Or: begging for trou

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Increasing the filename space (Or: begging for trouble?)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:24:02 +0100

On Tuesday, February 3, 2004 at 6:56:24 PM,
    Tom Lord <address@hidden> wrote:

> The other thing is that I think filenames should _also_ just be UTF-8
> and what I'm puzzling over concerning that is if there's an
> incremental path to that.

Yes. If you go that way, please implement enough error-catchers. To
stick to your previous example "when someone adds a file with an
8859-15 name to a project already containing UTF-8 names", I'd like that
tla barfs a warning at least when I'm going to merge that patch.

-- tcr (address@hidden)  ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''