[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Auto-registration

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Auto-registration
Date: 05 Feb 2004 16:22:57 -0500

>> I wish we I could do
>> tla get http://sourcecontrol.net/~miles/address@hidden/emacs--cvs-trunk--0

> This functionality already exists. Anybody has the option of defining a
> grab file of the format:

Well, the whole point of my request is that it should be easy to make it
work without adding any extra special file somewhere.  I know I can easily
get the same result using grab or build-config or aba or even a home-grown
script, but the question "why can't I do it more simply" ?

Are there technical or philosophical reasons why it's considered
a bad thing?

Oh and while I'm here: after building tla-1.2pre1, how can I do a
`tla update all' that would do an `update' in all the trees that compose
the distribution of tla ?

        Stefan