Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Auto-registration

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Auto-registration
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:21:49 -0500

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 04:22:57PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Oh and while I'm here: after building tla-1.2pre1, how can I do a
> `tla update all' that would do an `update' in all the trees that compose
> the distribution of tla ?

You'll probably get N different answers about this one, but I use:

   tla inventory --trees --nested | xargs -n1 tla replay --dir

(replace "replay" with "update" to your preference)

_Actually_ what I do is keep a small script (containing the above line)
called `+update' in root of hairy config'd trees like tla, and just type
`+update'...  I also have other little `+' files in tree roots for long merge
commands & the like.

-Miles
--
Saa, shall we dance?  (from a dance-class advertisement)