Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Newbie -- setting up project with sub-trees

From: Cameron Patrick
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Newbie -- setting up project with sub-trees
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 22:17:46 +0800

James Blackwell wrote:

| The idea behind these config files is that you run "tla buildcfg (config
| file", and tla will get the latest revision for the latest version on
| the right, and put it into the directory on the left.

FWIW I found the way that tla uses configs to be somewhat confusing.  As
far as I could tell, the config file has to live in an arch project, and
the name that you specify is interpreted relative to the top level of
that project rather than the current directory.  Giving an absolute path
(e.g. ~/configs/getogg as you say below) doesn't seem to work at all.

Rob's config-manager does more and seems friendlier to use, so I'd
advise taking a look at that rather than messing around with tla buildcfg.

| ./src                   project--dev
| ./src/GUI/gtk           project-gui-gtk--dev
| ./src/plugins/ogg       project-plugin-ogg--dev

It'd probably be a good idea to specify an archive name too, so that
your config would work for people whose default archive is different to
yours.

Cameron.