Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch implementing tla rm

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch implementing tla rm
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:03:00 -0500

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 08:41:38AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> errr.... You may refer to it as address@hidden,
> but my understanding is that everyone else should refer to it as
> address@hidden
>
> Sorry for being nit-picky, but I believe this point is important
> (although it may not matter for a read-only archive?).
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

I haven't actually looked at the archive in question, but I suspect you're
right -- it's a common beginner's mistake with arch to set the `official'
name (what's stored in =meta-info/name) of mirrors to something other than
the name of the archive they're mirroring.  Such bogus mirrors often sort of
work at first, but can cause much annoyance later.

-Miles
--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"