[Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch implementing tla rm

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: patch implementing tla rm
Date: 23 Feb 2004 10:34:43 +0900

Samuel Tardieu <address@hidden> writes:
> Unrecord removes a patch from the repository but does not touch the
> working directory.
>
> Of course, those operations can lead to dependency problems if new
> changes have been committed since change1 and change2. But Darcs will
> notice this and propose to unrecord those conflicting changes too, to
> let you do new record operations (equivalent of checkin in the local
> repository) regarding those changes.

Sounds like a mess to me (e.g., what if someone tagged off the erased
changeset?  Whoops).

What's wrong with just doing the obvious (and oft-discussed in this
mailing list) thing, and committing a changeset that reverts the source
changes of the undesired changeset, but not its patch-logs?  Then you
get the nice functionality without the messy history-alteration.

AFAIK the only thing missing in tla is a handy command to do it in one
easy step.  I'm not entirely sure why -- to the best of my recollection,
the last time it was discussed the only disagreement involved command
syntax minutia (though I suppose it could be that I just forgot some Big
Problem)...

-Miles
--
I'd rather be consing.