Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to acquire revision lock

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unable to acquire revision lock
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:48:23 -0500

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:11:54PM -0800, Tom Lord wrote:
> You can break the lock using the lock-revision command (c.f. 'tla
> lock-revisions -H').
>
> (Briefly, what has happened is that your commit started to take place
> and then was aborted, leaving the archive in an intermediate state.
> Breaking the lock will remove that partial commit and let you retry.)

Is there any reason not to have `lock-revision -b' default to using the same
revision as commit would?  _Every_ single time I've used that command that's
been the revision name I used, and it's a slight pain to come up with the
proper patch number, and type everything out.

Also, could the signing script be invoked before the lock is acquired?  I
usually have to use `lock-revision -b' because I type my gpg pass-phrase
incorrectly 3 times in a row...

-Miles
--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.