Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tutorial Question

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tutorial Question
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:39:07 -0500

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 03:09:54PM -0700, Pierce T. Wetter III wrote:
> Why is this three commands? Why not one?

Because people don't always use those steps; in fact I almost never do:
I usually branch in an existing project tree, i.e.:

  cd OLD-PROJ-TREE
  tla tag -S `tla tree-version` NEW-BRANCH
  tla join-branch NEW-BRANCH
  tla set-tree-version NEW-BRANCH

[Note the -S option to tag substitutes for the `archive-setup' step]

Actually I usually use a script called `tla-fork' in my tla-tools package,
which is one command.  :-)

-Miles
--
Would you like fries with that?