Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dumb Question, which I answered, then had another o

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dumb Question, which I answered, then had another one.
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:06:34 -0500

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 04:05:22PM -0700, Pierce T. Wetter III wrote:
> I didn't put "" around the location, so the shell ate the {}

What shell are you using?  Common shells don't interpret {} specially unless
there's a comma inside them.  [Well I mean bourne-style shells like bash, I
forget what csh does; does anyone still use that?]

[None-the-less, I urge people: don't use {} in your archive paths -- there's
No Point, it's ugly, and it occasionally confuses people (or shells).]

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia