Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dumb Question, which I answered, then had another o

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dumb Question, which I answered, then had another one.
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:32:16 -0800

On Feb 27, 2004, at 16:06, Miles Bader wrote:

What shell are you using? Common shells don't interpret {} specially unless there's a comma inside them. [Well I mean bourne-style shells like bash, I
forget what csh does; does anyone still use that?]

        tcsh doesn't special case the comma:

dustin2wti:~ 503% echo {hell}o
hello
dustin2wti:~ 504% echo {hell,}o
hello o

[None-the-less, I urge people: don't use {} in your archive paths -- there's
No Point, it's ugly, and it occasionally confuses people (or shells).]

I agree. If I want something, I'll register the archive no matter how ugly the URL is, but the documentation seems to suggest that you should use {}.

--
Dustin Sallings