Re: [Gnu-arch-users] case preserving vs. case insensitive

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] case preserving vs. case insensitive
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:23:00 -0500

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 07:52:39AM -0700, Pierce T. Wetter III wrote:
> That's because you're a nuts and bolts geek instead of a UI geek like me. :-)

At the nuts and bolts level, though, case-insensitive filesystems are a big
pain -- they cause _lots_ of problems, and this is magnified greatly when
they must co-exist with case-sensitive filesystems.

After all, I'm sure many users would also ask `why can't the computer just
_see_ that's what I want, and do it?' ... :-)

-Miles
--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.