Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU Arch review - am I accurate?

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU Arch review - am I accurate?
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 07:23:08 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Jani Monoses <address@hidden>

    > + is the most annoying really. One can type ./ before + files
    > but for instance midnight commander can be set to use external
    > viewer and editor. So F4 on files starting with + does not work.

Surely, in the general case, a filename will need to be provided to an
external viewer and editor as an option argument as in filling in this
format string:

        sometool -f%s

which in turn suggests that:

        vi ./%s

should work.  If m.c. doesn't support that, it would be an improvement
to make it so.

    > Yes , seems really cool to me it points down and it's small suggesting
    > that the file is lowly and can be ignored :). In fact I started using
    > files starting with , for temp files in general.

Yay, another convert to the dark side.