[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: 11 Mar 2004 15:22:32 -0500

> I think we could live without inode signatures for working directories.

Definitely.

> It's just an optimization there-- we can diff every file, if it comes to
> that.

I'd rather assume that if ctime and size have not changed, then the file
hasn't changed, even though it's possibly incorrect.

> But I'd hate to go without inode signatures in libraries, because
> detecting corruption is essential.

Detecting corruption is *not* essential when I want to look
at `tla file-diffs' or `tla changes'.
It's even less essential to detect corruption of file BAR when I do
`tla file-diffs FOO'.

And if we really want to detect corruption, how about MD5 instead of inodes?

        Stefan