Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Proposed LDAP schema for gnuarch.org

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Proposed LDAP schema for gnuarch.org
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 11:40:02 -0400

James Blackwell wrote:
Today I spent a bit of time putting together a prospective schema for
gnuarch.org. The long term intention of this schema is to build an
arch-centric competitor to sourceforge.

Those familiar with ldap (or those quick enough to understand it anways)
please take a few minutes and review it and if possible make suggestions
for improvements. As some of you will probably notice, there is not a
proper OID at this time. This is because I'm awaiting assignment from
IANA. Until then, I'm using #OID as a placeholder.

Hi James, I've done some more thinking, and I'm not sure it's right to require a gaoArchiveLocation; there may not be one.

Take me: I have two mirrors at sourcecontrol. (The mirror I push to and the mirror you write to.) But I don't publish the location of my actual archive. It so happens that there is one, but it's only readable by me.

Is there any value in an gaoArchiveLocation value of "/home/abentley/.archives/tla" ?

Note also, that an archive may be accessible through several protocols, (the same archive could be available through ftp, webdav and ssh) so multiple gaoArchiveLocations should be permitted, too.

Aaron