Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory w

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [MERGE REQUEST] changeset translation preparatory work
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 21:32:38 -0400

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 08:36:16PM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Of course, all this assumes that making {arch} hidden is a worthy one.
> Personally, I think it's a quite valuable indication that the directory
> is revision-controlled, and would be sorry to see it change.
>
> So I think a better answer is: "No.  Making control directories
> invisible is not desirable, and tla won't support it."

I agree (but you could probably guess that :-).

I think a more diplomatic way of putting it would be `tla won't go to great
lengths to support it' -- if someone figured out a clever and painless way
to do so, I can't see any reason not to make everybody happy.  [But of
course it probably isn't going to happen.]

-Miles
--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train