Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fixing a log message post hoc

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Fixing a log message post hoc
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:38:24 -0500

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 18:59, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> Is there any way I can fix a typo in a log message?  What will happen
> to mirrors?

I agree with everyone who says it's a bad idea... but:

Perhaps you could generate a new changeset that modifies the patchlog
entry? That won't change it in the old changesets, but I'd expect that
it *will* change it in the generated changelog, and likely some other
places.

Wait for folks here to expound on why this is a Bad Idea before
implementing it, please -- but it might not be *quite* as bad as some of
the other (archive-modifying) suggestions.