Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: microbranches: prism-merge vs multi-merge

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: microbranches: prism-merge vs multi-merge
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:07:59 -0400

Julian T. J. Midgley wrote:
In article <address@hidden>,
Miles Bader  <address@hidden> wrote:

The `obvious' way would be to re-tag from the upstream branch...

Or to have a tool for forking a new set of microbranches from the
latest revision of the devel branch (after the upstream merge) and
replay or star-merge the changes from the old microbranches into the
new ones.

I've added a "rebase" command to aba that does this. (at least, it does it 'retail'-- you have to invoke it once for each branch that you want to change the basis of.)

This is one case where mixed versions would be quite handy though. That would avoid the branch proliferation problem, and if we could rebase without branch proliferation, we might not need need submit branches.

Aaron
--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology