Re: [Gnu-arch-users] allow write for others?

From: Michael Poole
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] allow write for others?
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 19:21:56 -0400

Nico Schottelius writes:

> 1. What is the general way to allow someone to modify my code?
> As far as I understood I'll setup an webdav server and will use
> https/webdav/htaccess user verification or is that wrong?

You have to give those others some tla-supported write access to the
archive directory (or portions of it).  The project trees, where the
subdirectories you name will live, have no relationship to the archive
layout.

> 2. How can I generally allow a group of ten people to do changes in the
> whole tree? And also allow others just to read it?

Grant the ten people in the first group write access to the archive.
Grant read access to the others.

> 3. Can I setup arch so that person a, b, c can work/write on src/ (recursive),
>    person d, e on src/gui and doc and person f and g on src/net?

You could set up the top level, src/, src/gui/ and src/net/ as
separate branches[1], use arch configurations to provide a properly
structured checkout, and grant write access to certain people only for
the relevant directories.  tla itself does not enforce commit
restrictions.
[1] Any of the repository, archive or branch name could differ to
achieve this result.

Michael