[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update edge case

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update edge case
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:10:15 +0900

Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:
> tla tag -S foo--bar--0--patch-53 foo--bar--1
> tla get foo--bar--1 dir
> tla update --dir dir foo--bar--0--patch-53,
>
> because update uses the version of the specified revision.  And you
> already have foo--bar--0--patch-53.
>
> I was expecting it to always use the latest revision in the tree version
> for these calculations.  I nearly buggoed it, but this is actually the
> documented behaviour.
>
> Anyone know why?

It makes sense to me...

Why do you expect update to simply ignore the `--patch-53' that you
specified on the command line?  If you wanted that, you could have just
omitted the patch-number yourself.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche