Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update edge case

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update edge case
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 00:28:31 -0400

Miles Bader wrote:
IOW, it updates the current tree with respect to VERS `underneath' any
changes between VERS and the current tree.  This formulation is
_incredibly_ useful (when you're dealing with a fork of VERS, this is
almost always what you want to do), and I find it `just makes sense.'

Neat. I just tried it somewhere where I normally use star-merge, and it worked like a charm. Produced some scary-ass change reports, though. Does it have any particular advantages over star-merge?

Aaron