[Gnu-arch-users] PyArch patches

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] PyArch patches
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:41:57 -0400

Overall comment: thanks for cleaning up my patches.

I've made a new branch, based on address@hidden/pyarch--abentley--0.5.1--patch-17. It's here:
address@hidden/pyarch--devo--0.1

I appreciate you changing the default iteration method of exec_safe_iter_stdout. The ChildProcess stuff looks right to me.

I'll see about teaching vim to use only spaces for indenting.

iter_ancestry and friends
I'm not sure what you dislike. If it's the implementation, I can look into fixing it. If it's the concept, I'll stick it back in pyaba.

Unsolved problems:
tla hooks can potentially hose the FileChange output. This is a problem inherited from tla. Ideally, tla would produce a message so users could distinguish hook output from tla output, and then we could use that too.

It would be nice if delta and friends produced FileModified items, but it's also important to be able to get at the process return status. I've got alternative implementations of "delta", "show-changeset", "apply-changeset", "archive-mirror", and "commit" but they return exec_safe_status_stdout iterators, and I classify the output in the calling function.

I'm also not quite sure what to do with diff output. In theory, I can have a PatchedFile class, containing PatchHunks, containing UnchangedLines, AddedLines, and RemovedLines. You'd be able to filter out {arch} files that way, for example. But I'm not sure whether this is really the right approach. I do want my colourized diffs, though.

Aaron