Re: [Gnu-arch-users] shared revision libraries

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] shared revision libraries
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:10:06 +0200

Phil Frost <address@hidden> writes:

> The problem is that there seems to be no way to
> maintain the correct permissions.

Then the problem is exactly the same as sharing archives. See
http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Centralized_20Development for a few
solutions to the problem.

The simplest one is probably to use the setuid bit on the directory
containing your revlib, and the most flexible one is to use ACL.

You will probably have other problems with tla 1.2 if you intend to
share your revlib on NFS. This will be solved in tla 1.3.

> While it seems multiple revision libraries can be registered, I can't
> find any specific information on how this works.

Call tla my-revision-library /path/to/revlib several times.

I suppose they are searched in the order they appear in the output of
tla my-revision-library.

--
Matthieu