[Gnu-arch-users] shared revision libraries

From: Phil Frost
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] shared revision libraries
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 17:42:23 -0400

I have a box on which many developers are working on the same project.
I'd like to know if there is any way to share a greedy revision library
between all of them. The problem is that there seems to be no way to
maintain the correct permissions.

I am aware that cacherev exists, but my problem with that is that a
pristine tree is still build. Avoiding pristine trees is half the reason
I use a revision library.

While it seems multiple revision libraries can be registered, I can't
find any specific information on how this works. In what order are they
searched when getting a revision, or adding to a greedy one?

Perhaps I am going in the wrong direction entirely. I'm open to
suggestions on other ways to solve this problem.