Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 03:32:52 -0400

Tom Lord said:
>       ~ since you apparently (grossly) misunderstood something I
>         said and, whatever that was, it included information I asked
>           you not to make public, it would make the most sense to me
>           to work out the source of your confusion in private

Yes. We've talked out of band, and there was a few gross
misunderstandings on my part. I took a series of statements to mean
"something you wanted to say but couldn't" when you didn't mean to say
anything but what you actually did say.

>     > step forward and admit it. He could also choose to minimize his
>     > participation by saying "Yeah, James, go ahead". Its only in
>     > case that he performs none of these that I should begin to
>     > consider the responsibilities as a whistleblower over the
>     > responsibilities of keeping a confidance.
>
> I think that your responsibilities as whistleblower don't start until
> you confront me, privately, with your concerns over private matters.
>
> You haven't done so, afaict.

We talked between your post and my post.

>     > I of course can not prove what he is thinking, but I can prove
>     > that my suspicion isn't a crackpot theory, and is instead a
>     > reasonable conjecture.
>
> It might be.  One weakness of your conspiracy theory is that you give
> me far too much credit.  I'm not nearly as clever a manipulator as you
> seem to think I am.  I'm pretty boringly transparent in comparison to
> many people.

That is exactly true. I want it stated for the record though that I
still think the suspicion, while ungrounded, was a reasonable one within
context.

If you don't mind, I'd like to explain the whole can'o'worms to Miles?
What you said, what I thought you said and, more importantly, what I
thought you meant? I'm sure that Miles would be more than willing to
keep quiet on the details. Then, if he felt it were true, could tell
everyone else that while it was a (huge) misunderstanding on my part, it
was a reasonable conjecture within the context of the misunderstanding.

Regards,
James