peace rocks Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated

From: Tom Lord
Subject: peace rocks Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:55:02 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: address@hidden (James Blackwell)

    > Yes. We've talked out of band, and there was a few gross
    > misunderstandings on my part. I took a series of statements to
    > mean "something you wanted to say but couldn't" when you didn't
    > mean to say anything but what you actually did say.

No big deal, friend.  It's all too easy to read this public project
stuff like a soap opera and, if nothing else, we have a reminder here
that that isn't always the most useful way to look at it.  Turns out
all the edge nodes in these graphs are mostly just boring old ordinary
people.  Go figure.

    > > It might be.  One weakness of your conspiracy theory is that you give
    > > me far too much credit.  I'm not nearly as clever a manipulator as you
    > > seem to think I am.  I'm pretty boringly transparent in comparison to
    > > many people.

    > That is exactly true. I want it stated for the record though that I
    > still think the suspicion, while ungrounded, was a reasonable one within
    > context.

I can see that.

    > If you don't mind, I'd like to explain the whole can'o'worms to Miles?
    > What you said, what I thought you said and, more importantly, what I
    > thought you meant? I'm sure that Miles would be more than willing to
    > keep quiet on the details. Then, if he felt it were true, could tell
    > everyone else that while it was a (huge) misunderstanding on my part, it
    > was a reasonable conjecture within the context of the misunderstanding.

If you think it's important.   I don't think you have anything to prove.