Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:55:03 +0200

On Monday 26 July 2004 10:02 pm, Robert Anderson wrote:
> From: nadim <address@hidden>
> >... You have your government taking your for idiots and ...

> Nadim,
>
> Please educate us "idiots" on the details of Rumsfeld's monetary
> incentive to hold his position as defense secretary.

Hi Bob,

I take it that in the above sentence you didn't mean I called you idiots. I
rather dislike to have words put in my mouth when I can pronouce them myself.
Had I been an american citizen, I would have thought my governement is taking
me for an idiot. As a reference, I left my original sentence.

Rumsfeld was given as one example (I'm comming to the point). Any person which
has connection with big money making companies and that has power should be
questionned double. Not only rumsfeld and not only right wing politicians. I
grew up with "le canard enchainé" http://www.canardenchaine.com/. It's rather
left but leaves no one in peace. It's also very satiric.

Back to Rumsfeld. Let's not get into the if the US should or should not have
gone to war if possible and just take the the situation on the economical
side. 2 weeks ago, I read about scandals  on how the "reconstruction" money
was not spend (Pierce please back me up with some links of yours, I'm
worthless at finding things on the net (it was on Gnews with links to major
american journals) and how one big company transporting oil TO irak had
already put 1 B$ in it's pocket (without going through the bidding process if
I recall right). If I am not mistaken Rumsfeld had a job there not long ago.

If I was you, I'd ask how it can be that you go to war with a country you
already devastated by 10 years of sanctions and still need to spend 1 B$ a
week there. Now the money is comming OUT from your pocket and IN someone's
pocket. I don't have the feeling the IN pocket is the peoples pocket. Am I
wrong?

Now, Rumsfeld pocket might not be getting fater but when his time as a war
hawk is over, he'll need work again and I am very curious to see if he going
to work for some charity association for war victimes (any side) or if he's
going to get a job at one of his pal company who had a good time while you
were working double shifts to pay taxes.

Cheers, Nadim.