[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Request: include log in undo/redo

From: Johannes Berg
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Request: include log in undo/redo
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:58:29 +0200

> I'd like tla undo/redo to include the log file I am working on.
>
> I've started to appreciate writing logs as I write code, but that doesn't
> work well with undo/redo, requiring manual interaction to set aside the
> logfile and put the contents back after a quick undo, fix, commit, redo.

Hmm. Interesting observation, and not too bad an idea. But I think there
should just be hooks for undo and redo, and then you could implement
this locally (because I think having undo/redo touch anything thats
named ++* is wrong).

OTOH, you could simply use aba undo/redo and extend those to move the
log out of the way...

johannes