[Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU arch 1.3pre1 testing candidate now available

From: Anand Kumria
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: GNU arch 1.3pre1 testing candidate now available
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 01:09:47 +1100

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 15:36:24 -0600, Matthew Dempsky wrote:

> I've uploaded the GNU arch 1.3pre1 testing candidate to
> http://www.seyza.com/releases/tla-1.3pre1.tar.gz.  In the same
> directory you can find the md5sum (de9f9256bad36ebb9cc2e932789448e6)
> and my gpg signature.
>
> You may recreate this tarball with:
>
>     $ tla get address@hidden/dists--tla--1.3--patch-1 tla-1.3pre1
>     $ tla build-config -r -d tla-1.3pre1 configs/gnu/This-release
>
> Important fixes since GNU arch 1.2.1 include changing the 1k boundary
> error to a warning so old archives may still be accessed, fixing the
> regression in get-changeset, and fixing the "one-way" star-merge bug.
>
> Thanks to everyone who has contributed patches and I apologize to
> anyone whose patches have not yet been merged into mainline.
>
> Please let me know of any still outstanding release critical bugs or
> regressions.

The only regression I'm aware of is that is seems a lot faster on NFS
mounted (read, local directories going via an automounter) home
directories.

Has there been a particular change in this area? I'm somewhat concerned
since the wiki mentions that having your home directory on nfs is bad and
wicked and excruitatingly slow (via an automounter, on the last item seems
to be true).

Cheers,
Anand

--