[Gnu-arch-users] Can the underscore character be used as apart of an arc

From: Pedro Perez
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Can the underscore character be used as apart of an archive name?
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 03:08:12 -0500

Hello,
Can the underscore character (_) be used as part of an archive name? If the answer is located under a man page, wiki, tutorial, howto, etc could someone point me in that direction? If the underscore character _cannot_ be used as part of an archive name, could someone explain why it cannot? I am fairly technical so I am fairly interested on technical details.

Example of error message:
$ tla make-archive address@hidden sftp://address@hidden/home/apache2/www/opensourcetechnologies.net/BETA/archive/ make-archive: invalid archive name (address@hidden)
$

Thank You for your time,