Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Can the underscore character be used as apart of an

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Can the underscore character be used as apart of an archive name?
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:50:56 +0100

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 03:08:12 -0500, Pedro Perez wrote:
> Hello,
>    Can the underscore character (_) be used as part of an archive
> name?  If the answer is located under a man page, wiki, tutorial, howto,
> etc could someone point me in that direction?  If the underscore

Have you tried googling? The site: feature of google is useful ;-)

Have you tried tla make-archive -H ? It would tell you that:

NAME is the global name for the archive.  It must be an
email address with a fully qualified domain name, optionally
followed by "--" and a string of letters, digits, periods
and dashes.

> character _cannot_ be used as part of an archive name, could someone
> explain why it cannot?  I am fairly technical so I am fairly interested
> on technical details.

There are no technical details. It's a design decision.

> Example of error message:
> $ tla make-archive
> address@hidden
> sftp://address@hidden/home/apache2/www/opensourcetechnologies.net/BETA/archive/
> make-archive: invalid archive name
> (address@hidden)
> $

You seem to have answered yourself. So why do you ask?

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>