Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Out-of-order patch merging and tla update

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Out-of-order patch merging and tla update
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:54:42 -0500

Martin Langhoff wrote:
We deploy to production doing `tla update`, but sometimes, we deploy
individual patches out-of-order using get-patch and do-changeset.

You may want to look at 'tla replay REVISION' for this.

Are there ways to achieve the same goals without tla getting so
confused? A "production" branch were we merge things to?

I'd recommend having a production branch. That way, you can also get the latest production revision, etc.

When you want to get 'production' up-to-date with 'devel', tla replay [--skip-present] VERSION is your friend.

Aaron