[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Archives vs. categories vs. versions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Archives vs. categories vs. versions
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:45:43 +0900

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <address@hidden> writes:
> I can buy the logical argument, but if splitting the archives on a
> project basis can help me get rid of the year in the archive name,
> I see little reason not to have a address@hidden, or
> even a address@hidden archive.

I think it won't make any difference -- there's basically no connection
between different categories in a single archive (and to the best of my
knowledge even between different branches or versions in the same
archive).  The only issue as far as I can see is the size of the
archive, which given modern disk sizes, only seems to be a problem for
mirroring.

-miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research