Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge problem

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge problem
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:40:47 -0500

Alex Ng wrote:
Could someone please help me with this problem?

I have a main development branch. I branched off a while back and made
various changes on this sub-branch. On the main branch, other work was
carried out which included the addition of a new directory.

Now, when I try to star-merge my changes from the sub-branch back into
the main branch, the merge somehow tries to remove the new directory
in the main branch!

If you've done any cherry-picking, this sort of behavior is to be expected. Star-merge is nice, but it only works when each merge is a complete merge. You might try replay --skip-present instead.

See here:
http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/Merging_20with_20Arch

Aaron

--