[Gnu-arch-users] Re: changing my-id

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: changing my-id
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:28:28 +0100

Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> writes:

> The name of the company I work for just changed, along with the domain
> name. Is it easy to change my-id without anything breaking ?

Changing your id will just change the "creator" field of future log
message, and is not likely to break anything.

Changing the name of your archive, on the other hand, is a dangerous
action (=change history). You'll be able to use your new email for the
archive name only next time you cycle your archive.

--
Matthieu