[Gnu-arch-users] How to recover from interrupted commit...

From: Rjae Easton
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] How to recover from interrupted commit...
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:34:35 -0500

As my first post to the list - please permit a quick this-is-a-phenomenal-product (so you know where I stand). Now I suspect we're all very busy so I will be succinct...

This morning a commit was interrupted. I do not know how to properly and completely recover from this failed commit. Based on the details below can someone recommend - or point to a published HOWTO - the standard steps one should take after such an event.

[the details]
history: normal project operation over SFTP for 4 months (173 patches)
version: TLA 1.3
what happened:
$ cd archives/2004-DEV/research
$ nano -w `tla make-log`
$ nano -w ./build.properties
$ tla commit
(normal output e.g. stuff that's not source)
Password:
(some moments pass...then)
(a message regarding broken SFTP connection)

...subsequently I receive the "unable to acquire revision lock" from any user trying to commit changes to the project (using any connection, SFTP or otherwise).

The things I have tried:
1. removed ++revision... in root of project tree;
2. tla lock-revision -b...
3. tla lock-revision -u...
4. manually creating .../patch-174/++revision.../+content

I am looking for a repeatable process as I can see this happening randomly (chaos) in the future. I appreciate any effort you spend helping me on this.

Thanks.

--
Rjae Easton
Applanet, Inc.