Re: [Gnu-arch-users] vu_stat - PANIC: I/O error

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] vu_stat - PANIC: I/O error
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 19:56:55 -0600

Zenaan Harkness wrote:

This is baffling me:

I'm not sure, but I think some implementations of stat actually stat the file that a symlink is pointing to, rather than the symlink itself. If you created a symlink, and the file it pointed to was not changed, then in the patch directory, if the stat tries to follow the link, it would fail.

I thought tla used lstat for this express purpose.

I don't really know what to tell you for how to fix it, though.

John
=:->