Re: [Gnu-arch-users] those pesty .#blah emacs symlinks

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] those pesty .#blah emacs symlinks
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:42:19 +0900

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:32:02 +0000, Karl O. Pinc <address@hidden> wrote:
> Arch should just ignore emacs's #foo# files.

You can tell it to do that.

However arch most definitely should not do this in general, as it's a
matter of preference, and in such cases, arch should take the safest
route (== most conservative, least likely to commit bad data, etc).  I
personally rather consider this behavior a feature -- I _like_ being
prevented from committing when I've forgotten to save a file.

> I'm afraid to tag them as 'junk' for
> fear arch will erase them or something.

Tag them as "backup" which is more or less they are (I think arch's
"backup" keyword is annoyingly misnamed, but in this case it fits!).

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.